Setting Up Two-factor Authentication
- With two-factor authentication, you can further secure your account by adding a second step to your normal login procedure.
- To activate it, download the Google Authenticator app to your mobile device.
- Login to your Stronghold account.
- From the launchpad, click 'Turn on 2FA'
- Select the 'Security' tab
- Click 'Enable' under ‘Two-Factor Authentication’
- Open Google Authenticator and scan the QR code.
- Important: Next you will be given a recovery code. We recommend you store this in a password manager. If you choose to write down your recovery code, make sure to store it in a safe place. You will need this if you ever lose access to the Google Authenticator app and phone.
- Enable two-factor authentication by entering the current 6 digits from the Google Authenticator app.Your ‘Two-Factor Authentication’ will now display as being ’Enabled’
From now on, each time you log in to your Stronghold account, you will need the random 6 digits from the Google Authenticator app unless you disable this feature. (We strongly recommend keeping two-factor authentication turned ON)
Important Note: If you are experiencing issues with 2FA, please check your device's time settings to make sure they are correct. The Google Authenticator app is time-based, even a one-minute difference will render the codes invalid.